Defense of Ph.D. thesis by the ENGINE Centre member Bartosz Krawczyk
We would like to invite you to a public defense of Ph.D. thesis by the ENGINE Centre member Bartosz Krawczyk, M.Sc.
Thesis title: “Forming and pruning one-class classifier ensembles”
Supervisors: Prof. dr hab. inż. Michał Woźniak and Prof. Francisco Herrera, University of Granada, Spain (ENGINE )
Place and date: 16.10.2015 (Friday), 14:30, room 38/39 C-4.
Bartosz Krawczyk started his PhD track at Department of Systems and Computer Networks in 2014. His research is focused on machine learning, multiple classifier systems, one-class classifiers, class imbalance, data streams and interdisciplinary applications of these methods. So far, he has published more than 100 papers, including 26 JCR journal papers. Mr Krawczyk was awarded with numerous prestigious awards for his scientific achievements like IEEE Richard E. Merwin Scholarship, Scholarship of Polish Minister of Sciene and Higher Education (twice), START award from Foundation for Polish Science (twice), Zdzisław Pawlak Award, Hugon Steinhaus scholarship from the president of Wroclaw City, and Czesław Rodkiewicz Foundation Prize among others. He is a Principal Investigator of PRELUDIUM and ETIUDA grants from Polish National Science Center. He served as a Guest Editor in four special issues of JCR journals. He is a member of Program Committee for over 40 international conferences and a reviewer for eighteen journals.
Selected publications by Bartosz Krawczyk related to the thesis:
- Krawczyk B., Woźniak M. & Herrera F., On the Usefulness of One-Class Classifier Ensembles for Decomposition of Multi-Class Problems. Pattern Recognition, 48, no. 12: 3969–3982, 2015.
- Krawczyk B., Woźniak M. & Cyganek B., Clustering-based ensembles for one-class classification. Information Sciences, 264: 182-195, 2014.
- Jackowski K., Krawczyk B. & Woźniak M., Improved Adaptive Splitting and Selection: The Hybrid Training Method of a Classifier Based on a Feature Space Partitioning. International Journal of Neural Systems, 24, no. 3: 1430007-1 – 1430007-18, 2014.
- Krawczyk B., Woźniak M., Diversity measures for one-class classifier ensembles. Neurocomputing, vol. 126: 36–44, 2014.
- Krawczyk B., One-Class Classifier Ensemble Pruning and Weighting with Firefly Algorithm. Neurocomputing, vol.150, part B: 490–500, 2015.
- Krawczyk B., Filipczuk P., Cytological Image Analysis with Firefly Nuclei Detection and Hybrid One-Class Classification Decomposition. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 31: 126-136, 2014.
- Cyganek B., Krawczyk B. & Woźniak M., Multidimensional Data Classification with Chordal Distance Based Kernel and Support Vector Machines. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 46, part A: 10-22, 2015.
- Krawczyk B., Cyganek B., Selecting Locally Specialised Classifiers for One-Class Classification Ensembles. Pattern Analysis and Applications. DOI: 10.1007/s10044-015-0505-z, 2015.